The Traveler’s Checklist That Never Fails!
- Cash & Credit Cards: Keep an extra credit card and cash in a separate place, like a money belt in case of emergencies
- Tip: I LOVE Charles Schwab as my preferred card for travel. You get refunded on your ATM fees! If you are not aware, when traveling abroad your get the best currency conversion through ATMs versus Money Exchange Counters. Use Code: REFER59NGK at Schwab
- Castile Soap: With only a few drops, it packs a powerful punch! With 18 uses it can be used as body wash, laundry detergent, washing dishes, shampoo, etc.!
- Tip: Bronner’s Almond castile soap is my fav!
- Five (5) Pair of Underwear: Remember you can always handwash!
- Hair Essentials: comb, brush, oil, pomade, etc.
- Jacket (depending on climate)
- Oil: Coconut oil (my fav!) or shea butter is known to protect skin against harsh environmental elements (natural sunscreen!)
- One (1) Pair of Shoes to Fit Your Climate: hiking boots, sandals, snow boots, etc.
- One (1) Pair of Walking Shoes: tennis shoes, cross trainers
- Surge Protector and Universal Converter
- Phone chargers and External charger
- Shower Gloves
- Shower Shoes
- Small Pouch of Medicines: antacids, pain relievers, itch cream, band-aids, antibiotics, and anti-diarrhea
- Super Glue: this stuff comes in handy in the least expected ways! This came in handy when I broke a pair of my sunnies!
- Tea Tree Oil: Any topical ailment including sunburns, rashes, protecting against mosquitos, pimples, anti-fungal, etc.
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Scarf or sarong: Uses include protecting you from the cold, can be a towel, head wrap, cover your body in religious areas, beach cover up, etc.
- Light Makeup Kit: Mascara, lipstick, liner, light powder, blush, lipstick
- Bras: Two – three
- Sanitary Items: Ample amount of pads, tampons, and wipes
- Matches or lighter
- Empty Bag: If you plan on shopping or need a small day bag
- Microfiber towel
- Roll of toilet paper
- Make sure all of these items are travel size – 3.4oz or less
- Create a “travel kit” with these items already together so you can eliminate this entire step when packing!
** There are affiliate links in this post! 🙂